3sixteens – 13 Months In

#WhatI’vehadonforthepastyear

Gave these a wash while back in Nashville over Thanksgiving. Gentle cycle, a touch of Bronner’s. Hang dried until damp then wore them the rest of the way to dry. They’re my go-to, continue to fade┬áso nicely and have a ton more wear left in ‘em. Stay tuned.

Tags:

22 Responses to “3sixteens – 13 Months In”

1. fortalitia54 Dec 12, 2010 at 11:28 pm #

Whiskering and the contrast of blue and white are great.

2. bmg Dec 12, 2010 at 11:52 pm #

Looks like the denim bunches up less around the knee. Did that happen from becoming less rigid after the wash?

3. Paul Dec 12, 2010 at 11:57 pm #

Those look freaking fantastic. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Kaihara denim is synthetic or natural indigo?

4. Brian Dec 13, 2010 at 1:21 am #

is the denim a real upgrade from APC like i keep hearing? do you think it’s worth the price increase?

5. tman916 Dec 13, 2010 at 11:39 am #

@ Brian,

I kinda went crazy and bought a bunch of nice denim this summer with the mentality of never having to buy jeans again and I’ll say this,

I’ve some 3sixteen SL 100′s, ST 100′s, and some APC New Cure’s (my first pair of premium denim). They all fit nicely and the quality is way better than anything I’ve ever had before, but I think the 3sixteen’s are a bit better than the APC’s.

If feel that the APC’s are lighter in color, feel lighter (so better for warmer weather), and their pockets are tiny! I can barely fit my fists in them.

The ST 100′s feel lighter than the SL 100′s. Same darker indigo. I mainly wear my SL’s and they’ve been wearing in nicely, a bit stinky though ;) and have stretched out considerably.

I also have a pair of Rogue Territory S K’s which are really nice. They feel the sturdiest out of all the brands, the pockets are easier to get in and out of, have the darkest color from all 3 brands, and have a bunch of cool features like selvedge coin pocket and fly, as well as a pen pocket within the right back pocket. They are also extremely skinny (more so than the ST’s), so I usually wear them to dressier events.

Overall, I think the extra money is worth it. The denim is something that will last you for years, is made here in the USA, and when your gonna be using anything as often as you would denim then comfort is something to consider too. Also if price is an issue, browse the web. My APC’s were my 2nd most expensive pair behind my 3sixteen ST’s. I found my Rogue Territory’s for 120 from Urbanoutfitters.com and my 3sixteen SL’s for 140 from theblackmarkers.com so just look around and be patient :)

If you want to ask me any q’s e-mail me at tman916@hotmail.com

Good luck!

6. Andrew Dec 13, 2010 at 1:47 pm #

@James: Thanks for making our jeans look great.

@Paul: The indigo on the SL-100x denim is a combination of natural and synthetic; very few jeans feature 100% natural indigo denim due to cost reasons.

7. sam c Dec 13, 2010 at 2:40 pm #

those are lookin’ great! always been curious about using dr. bronner’s for laundry… any recommendations/suggestions?

p.s. what shoes are those?

8. Mr Ryan Dec 13, 2010 at 4:18 pm #

Excellent. I think my next denim purchase will have to be these. Ive heard way too many great things about them.

9. Brian Dec 13, 2010 at 7:09 pm #

cool thanks for the information tman916! that is very helpful. I might have to get a pair from blackmarket. that is a steal!

10. Brian Dec 13, 2010 at 7:10 pm #

oh and one other thing, how much did they stretch out? and you sized down, one or two? thanks!

11. Andrew M Dec 13, 2010 at 9:22 pm #

They’re looking great James!

I posted one of these photos on http://www.ItsWorn.com

12. Brennan Dec 13, 2010 at 11:06 pm #

James, these look awesome. I don’t know about you, but we’re at 15 degrees here. Are your ankles not freakin’ freezing?! Well done. Wear them into oblivion.

13. JB Dec 14, 2010 at 2:34 pm #

These are quality. Great job indeed.

I wish I had the time to wear mine more than once or twice on the weekends. I’ve way overbought denim this year, but continue to keep my 316′s at the top of my short list of favorites.

14. unbeknownst Dec 17, 2010 at 7:40 pm #

3sixteens denim shouldnt be on sale at theblackmarkers.com because they (3sixteen) have a very strict policy on discounting their denim. since this was brought up, and im sure read by andrew (who is partners at 3sixteen), so i am very certain theblackmarkers.com will be putting the denim back to the original $198 price.

15. Brian Dec 19, 2010 at 9:30 pm #

well, they are completely sold out of all sizes of 316 besides. sucks, i would have bought a pair

16. tman916 Dec 21, 2010 at 12:32 am #

@ Brian

I’m not sure how much they stretched out, but when I first got em the waist was skin tight and now I can fit my fist in-between my hips and the internal side of the belt loops. I’d say roughly an inch-inch 1/2. Try lookin’ at revolve.com, they usually have coupon codes floatin’ around and right now 3sixteen is having a 10% off code.

17. tman916 Dec 21, 2010 at 12:34 am #

@Brian

Also, my waist is a 32, and I sized down to a 31. I could’ve gone with a 30 but I’m skinny as hell and I figure I’ll get fat sooner or later so they’ll just last me even longer that way.

18. justin Dec 22, 2010 at 5:18 pm #

peppermint bronners works really well. I’ve used them to both wash a pair or resin rinse 501′s and also prep a new pair of ’47 501xx, cap ful is all you need.

19. Brandon Jan 25, 2011 at 11:08 am #

What is that Chambray shirt? I am really feeling that for the spring.

20. David Jan 26, 2011 at 12:19 am #

Looks like a chambray GAP had in a few months back.

Jeans look great, just to double check, these are the SL-100?

21. Danny Jan 26, 2011 at 5:39 pm #

Same question as above… would really like to know. Also, these 3sixteen’s look great, probably will be my next denim purchase.

22. james Jan 28, 2011 at 9:51 pm #

Brandon, the chambray’s a Steven Alan pop-over and David, yes, these are the SL-100 straights.
    And Danny, yes, they should be your next denim purchase. Super good wearing jeans. Don’t imagine you’ll be disappointed one bit.