Levi’s LVC 1947 501xx | 9 Months In

These pics were taking on the avenue of the giants
On my last otp road trip down the west coast
They are breaking in beautifully
Feel like they are my second skin and even shrunk a bit (got them wet in the ocean once)
Love how the threads break down some
How the color fades in places and becomes shiny and rich in others
I’m happy with them and glad I picked these – some of the best jeans ive ever had.

13 Responses to “Levi’s LVC 1947 501xx | 9 Months In”

1. Brennan Oct 01, 2010 at 5:24 pm #

These look incredible, Ryan. Great work! I’m forever committed to the ’47 501. It’s a perfect fitting jean with all the best details. Keep rocking these till they explode.

2. bmg Oct 01, 2010 at 6:19 pm #

Ryan, would you please post the width of these across the thigh.

3. Ben Oct 01, 2010 at 6:39 pm #

These are beautiful. I’m sorry, this may be a basic question: how do these compare to a usual pair of 501 shrink to fit? I really like levi’s but appreciate more of their cost conscious jeans.

4. Paul Oct 01, 2010 at 9:55 pm #

Wow. Gorgeous. Cone mill denim is the shiz. Nice work, Jay. This is inspiring me to get dangerous with my pair of 501xx and give them a nice beat down.

5. John K. Oct 02, 2010 at 4:55 pm #

Perfect! Best I’ve seen.

6. Ryan Oct 02, 2010 at 5:00 pm #

Guys’ these are Jay’s jeans, I just posted them…

7. Paul Oct 02, 2010 at 6:10 pm #

Hahaha. Great post of Jay’s jeans, Ryan!

8. Josh Oct 03, 2010 at 7:09 pm #

These look great! The ’47 is the only denim I own and most likely the only denim I’ll continue to own. The proof’s above.

9. Jvk Oct 03, 2010 at 7:31 pm #

@ben, I just bought a pair of these as well as a pair of 501 Stf and I laid them on top of each other and the 1947′s are definitely slimmer and a trim cut compared to the stf. I have some pictures and measurements that I can share when I get a chance… By the way I LOVE the 1947 501′s!! I am a huge fan and it was money well spent.

10. Guyute Oct 12, 2010 at 10:37 pm #

Those are absolutely ridiculous. Thanks for posting, I’m sold on these as my next pair.

11. bmg Oct 29, 2010 at 11:26 am #

bought ‘em! Thanks for documenting this. Great info to have before choosing a pair of jeans to live with for an extended period of time.

12. justin Nov 08, 2010 at 9:32 pm #

FYI based on this post i ventured out and got a pair of these last week. Few things for everyone following.

the 1 size bigger on waist, 2 on length is spot on.
    I wore them out the box for a night, cuffed three times, and then soaked them the next day in lukewarm and a little dr. bronners for 10 minutes inside out. I then put them on for about 20 minutes and let them hang (upside down) to dry.
    the next day they were perfect fiting, with a half cuff, and shrunk up perfectly.

These might be the best jeans ever created.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks